You know, I really don't like this "Male Chastity Lifestyle" thing. I'm kind of wary of saying this because I'm skeeved by a lot of kinks that perfectly decent people enjoy. But I have a really bad feeling about this one. Let's take a look at the list of reasons offered to practice it:
In this male chastity guide you will discover:
* How you'll know if the male chastity lifestyle is right for you... or if it'll cause more problems than it fixes.
* Why 90% or more of everything you read about male chastity is nothing more than a made-up fantasy written by wannabe "mistresses" and sad, lonely men.
* How to ensure his energy and affection is all focused on YOU... and no-one BUT you... just like it was when you were courting!
* Why he will NOT be able to keep his hands off you... but he's NOT a pest (and the minute you tell him "No!" he happily obeys... and with a smile on his face!).
* Exactly how his libido suddenly increases by 1000% or more... yet there is absolutely NO chance of him EVER straying, no matter how long you make him wait (and he'll LOVE you for this, too).
* Why he'll practically beg you to let him help you with the housework, (even the stuff he really hates like ironing) but he's NOT a weedy spineless and submissive "slave". Unlike most, this male chastity guide is written with REALITY in mind, not silly unrealistic fantasies.
* How to guarantee he'll have the energy and "staying power" of a man 20 years younger... and will be willing to spend hours taking you to heights of ecstasy you barely dared even dream of (Warning: if you've never had Earth shattering multiple orgasms literally "on tap" before, then this male chastity guide might be too much for you).
* Why his orgasms (when and if you allow them... and that's a BIG if) literally send him into uncontrollable, gasping ecstasy... and he's a total slave to his desire (I guarantee he's NEVER had orgasms like this before... they're so powerful they're addictive, and you're the only one who can give them to him)
* And much, much more!
The whole list is there, I didn't leave anything out. Notice anything about it? Maybe that all of it is from the point of view of one side of this completely asymmetrical kink. Notice anything else? It's not the "chastity lifestyle", it's the "male chastity lifestyle."
We don't want to judge people's kinks. But lust for power over your fellow humans is a pretty universally recognized sin, flaw, or bad behavior. So is selfishness. I'm not really worried about readers who don't share my faith disagreeing with me on that. Sometimes people take things that are just plain vices and dress them up as lifestyle or kink. Making cockteasing the method in selfish lust for power doesn't magically fix the fact it's selfish lust for power.
It's particularly abhorrent from a Christian viewpoint. First, the practice is specifically unbiblical:
The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. (1 Corinthians 7:3-5, NIV)
Notice something about that? It's gender-equal. And further, neither may deprive the other. And THAT is part of Christian chastity.
Second, my chastity is my virtue; it's not my wife's. If someone else is making your decisions, then the virtue is gone; you have no chastity, you are left only with obedience.
Via Rouge Bambi.
UPDATE: I want to make it clear that this post is not an objection to kinks like Orgasm Denial or Tease & Denial; those I don't share, but if you're into that, fine. This post is an objection to the idea that this is chastity, and also an objection to the manipulative, sexist and predatory aspects presented in the quoted material.