Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

I don't hate getting the Frederick's of Hollywood catalog anymore.

I don't hate getting the Frederick's of Hollywood catalog anymore. For a long time I hated getting it, because it reminded me that I was now alone; for a long time before that I hated getting it, because it reminded me of the box of lingerie that my now-ex had worn one or twice. Now, I don't care.

Eventually, I'll get around to emailing all the companies that send women's clothing catalogs here and tell them to stop. I get a lot more of them than men's clothing catalogs.

5 comments:

  1. Might be worth it to let them keep coming on the off chance it arrives on the same day as your Cheaper Than Dirt(or similar) catalog, just to make your mailman's head spin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odysseus, I don't think I'll be able to top the time I ordered and received White Dove: The Bluegrass Gospel Collection and DJ Ricardo's Out.Anthems at the same time from Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I saw smoke coming from the Amazon server farm.

      Delete
  3. Ah, let them keep coming. You may need to shop again later and as Odysseus says, it gives the mailman something to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Keads! Well, I hope to have a use for the Frederick's catalog someday. But I don't think I'll ever care about Coldwater Creek or other businesslike women's clothing.

      Delete